Travis Scott Performs in Public for First Time Since Astroworld Festival Tragedy

Travis Scott performs during the Grand Prix festivities at a Miami nightclub on Saturday night.

Technically, the performance – as has been widely reported since it was announced last month – was Scott’s first public performance since the deadly crowd crush at the Astroworld Festival in Houston last year. Scott performed for about 45 minutes in total, according to a TMZ report that included footage of his Saturday night performance at Miami’s E11EVEN nightclub.

At one point during the performance, which TMZ reported began shortly after 3.m local time, Scott was joined by Quavo in front of the crowd. See highlights from the night performance below.

https://twitter.com/RodeoTheAlbum/status/1523325389317283843?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1523325389317283843%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.complex.com%2F

Scott was previously reported to have made similar appearances at private events, including a surprise five-song set at a Coachella afterparty in April. That same month, Scott was confirmed to be among the headliners for the upcoming trio of Primavera Sound festivals, marking his first such performance commitment since the aforementioned Astroworld Festival tragedy. His new album, Utopia, is expected to arrive at some point this year.

• Also Read Watch the First Teaser Trailer for ‘Dear Mama’ Docuseries About 2Pac and His Mother

Travis Scott

Travis Scott ‘s Representatives Criticizes New Astroworld Tragedy Documentary

One of Travis Scott ‘s representatives criticized a new documentary made for the Astroworld tragedy.

Director Charles Minn explores the details of the tragedy in the documentary Concert Crush: The Travis Scott Festival Tragedy. However, Travis’ rep described the documentary as “a game for profit and a publicity stunt.”

“This propaganda piece is a farce financed by and containing content from members of the plaintiff’s legal teams, who, weeks after a tragedy, sought to exploit and benefit financially from it,” the rep said in a statement.

The representative harshly criticized director Minn, accusing him of being a “trauma pornographer”.

Minn defended himself and his film in an interview with the Associated Press.

He told the AP. “My job is to make the most truthful, honest, sincere documentary from the victim’s point of view,” he told the AP. “We need to know about these stories to prevent it from happening again.”

Read More Drake Gives ‘DRUNK’ Interview With Jack Harlow

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.